Each of our advisers and instructors are either current or former business owners. This is by design so that we can model the task and challenge of entrepreneurship and relate to those we serve.
- Celia is a dynamic, experienced leader. She has experience working in the private and public sector in the areas of project management, financial administration and leadership skills. She is a multi-faceted leader with 30-plus years of experience in entrepreneurship and business ownership, as a training
- Omar also has experience in the non-profit sector of small business development. Having built an arsenal of bilingual skills in startups, business plan development, media, marketing, and communications, Omar has implemented the use of these skills with local businesses, nonprofits, city municipalities and advisory boards.
- Meghan has 13 years of experience in marketing, communication and graphic design and has committed her career to serving small businesses, nonprofits and institutions of higher education. She’s deeply committed to building community through sharing others stories.
- Linda holds a Master's Degree in Educational Leadership and has over 30 years’ experience in higher education. In addition to her work with the SBDC, she is the Founder and CEO of a small business consulting firm. Her focus is helping Latinx small business start-ups,
- Jennifer loves to work with enthusiastic and committed business owners because she can help them thrive. When they grasp how to distinguish what makes them the best choice over the competitors, it’s like turning on the light! Then they can market more effectively, reach more
- Don’s primary background is in accounting and finance. He had a CPA tax and bookkeeping practice for several years. As a community college instructor, he taught classes in economics, accounting, financial reporting, human resources, and banking. He currently teaches QuickBooks, financial, and systems classes to
- Angie has owned and operated a retail store in Downtown Salem for 12 years. Her background includes an Air Force career as well as a career in banking, specifically focused in business banking prior to buying her store.
- Jim's focus is on getting small businesses up and running. Starting with business plans and moving through marketing and QuickBooks, Jim will get you off on the right foot. Jim has many years of personal experience as an entrepreneur. He owns several companies which he
- Joanne is an expert adviser, with a particular focus on start-up issues, assisting business owners in the development of business plans, financial advising, capital access, and coaching for established businesses.
- Throughout her 20 plus years of experience, Kate has often combined her creative side (Bachelor of Landscape Architecture) with her love of business (MBA). Her ability to see the big creative picture while managing the business details means that she can execute a project from
- Raul has a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration from San Jose State University, and is a Certified Public Accountant and Certified Fraud Examiner. He has more than 27 years of accounting and auditing experience and currently owns and operates a tax, accounting, and business consulting
- Betsy’s educational background is in psychology, family studies, business management and entrepreneurship. Betsy helped create Patient Navigation Program for Nevada Cancer Institute which today continues to be utilized by the American Cancer Society and helped established Client Resource Centers for all five clinics at Comprehensive
- Mike White, an experienced entrepreneur and business adviser, is our regional Venture Catalyst that is dedicated to developing a stronger entrepreneurial ecosystem in the Mid-Valley. He runs a number of entrepreneurial brands and loves to see other entrepreneurs see success.