Our Centersprovide services to businesses throughout Oregon—thanks to help from our partners.
The Oregon Small Business Development Center Network is a well-established partnership between 17 community colleges throughout Oregon, two state universities, our federal government, the State of Oregon, and the businesses listed below. Click on a partner name below to learn more.
Sponsors and Contributors
America’s Small Business Development Center Network is the most comprehensive small business assistance network in the United States and its territories. The mission of the network is to help new entrepreneurs realize their dream of business ownership, and assist existing businesses to remain competitive in the complex marketplace of an ever-changing global economy.
Business Oregon works to create, retain, expand and attract businesses that provide sustainable, living-wage jobs for Oregonians through public-private partnerships, leveraged funding and support of economic opportunities for Oregon companies and entrepreneurs. The Oregon Business Development Commission oversees the agency's activities to ensure a coherent, integrated approach to economic development and a continuous policy direction that can transcend changes in executive and legislative leadership.
Business Oregon also houses the Oregon Arts Commission and the Oregon Cultural Trust in recognition of the expanding role the arts play in the broader social, economic and educational arenas of Oregon communities. The Oregon Arts Commission and the Oregon Cultural Trust administer both federal and state investments in arts and culture. Additionally, Business Oregon acts as a fiscal agent for the Oregon Film and Video Office (OFVO). OFVO promotes statewide development of the film, video and multimedia industry in Oregon to enhance the industry’s revenues, profile and reputation.
Contracting opportunities for Oregon businesses are posted on our contracting page and career opportunities to join Business Oregon are linked from our site as well as listed on the state job site. When Administrative Rules (OAR) have proposed changes to them, the public is invited to review the proposed changes and make comment.
Constant Contact®, Inc. wrote the book on Engagement Marketing™ — the new marketing success formula that helps small organizations create and grow customer relationships in today's socially connected world. Through its unique combination of online marketing tools and free personalized coaching, Constant Contact helps small businesses, associations, and nonprofits connect and engage with their next great customer, client, or member. Launched in 1998, Constant Contact has long championed the needs of small organizations, providing them with an easy and affordable way to create and build successful, lasting customer relationships.
Constant Contact's leading email marketing, social media marketing, event marketing, local deals, digital storefronts, and online surveys — supported by free KnowHow, personalized coaching, and award-winning product support — help all types of small businesses and organizations find new customers, drive repeat business, and generate referrals. Today, more than half a million customers worldwide trust Constant Contact to help them drive success. The company further supports small organizations through its extensive network of consultants/resellers, technology providers, franchises, and national associations
Evergreen Business Capital is a private, nonprofit organization authorized by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) as a Certified Development Company (CDC). We are dedicated to offering business capital services that enhance small business growth in our region, while providing the most exceptional service in our industry.
Since our founding in 1980, we have connected businesses in Washington, Oregon, Alaska and Northern Idaho with financing solutions that lower barriers to commercial real estate ownership and boost economic development.
In our capacity as a CDC, we facilitate the SBA 504 Loan Program and several other business loans. Through these programs, Evergreen has helped small businesses create more than 37,000 jobs and make more than $2 billion in capital improvements. We have advanced small-business development by providing loans totaling upward of $800 million.
The largest CDC in the Pacific Northwest, Evergreen is also actively involved with industry affairs and other organizations aimed at improving economic vitality in Northwest communities.
The Government Contract Assistance Program (GCAP) is part of a nationwide network of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTAC) working to help small businesses compete successfully in the government marketplace.
GCAP's mission is to assist Oregon small businesses to succeed in obtaining Government Contracts, which stimulate the growth of Oregon's economy. For over 25 years GCAP has assisted Oregon small businesses in creating jobs, fostering economic diversity, and becoming successful government contractors.
At Microsoft, we're motivated and inspired every day by how our customers use our software to find creative solutions to business problems, develop breakthrough ideas, and stay connected to what's most important to them.
We run our business in much the same way, and believe our eight business divisions offer the greatest potential to serve our customers. They are:
- Online Services Division: Microsoft’s search, portal, advertising and personal communications services, including online information offerings such as Bing and the MSN portals and channels.
- Server and Tools Business: Microsoft infrastructure software, developer tools and cloud platform, including products such as Windows Server, SQL Server, Visual Studio, System Center and the Windows Azure Platform.
- Microsoft Business Solutions: A portfolio of Microsoft Dynamics products and services, as well as Microsoft Health Solutions.
- Microsoft Office Division: Productivity products and services, including Office, Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, Project, Visio, and Microsoft’s speech technology investments.
- Interactive Entertainment Business: Key entertainment experiences that span gaming, music and video across multiple screens, including Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, the controller-free Kinect for Xbox 360, Zune Music and Video, and Mediaroom, as well as PC and mobile interactive entertainment.
- Windows Phone Division: Microsoft software and services for Windows Phones worldwide.
- Windows & Windows Live Division: All Windows businesses, including Windows, Windows Live and Internet Explorer.
- Skype: A division of Microsoft, transforming communications for computers, mobile devices and the connected living room.
We are committed long term to the mission of helping our customers realize their full potential. Just as we constantly update and improve our products, we want to continually evolve our company to be in the best position to accelerate new technologies as they emerge and to better serve our customers.
The Public Utility Commission of Oregon (PUC) regulates customer rates and services of the state's investor-owned electric, natural gas and telephone utilities; and certain water companies. The Commission does not regulate people's utility districts, cooperatives or municipally-owned utilities except in matters of safety. The PUC ensures consumers receive utility service at fair and reasonable rates, while allowing regulated companies the opportunity to earn an adequate return on their investment.
The PUC is divided into several sections:
- The Utility Program whose research, analysis and technical support makes sure regulated companies provide safe, reliable and high-quality service at reasonable rates. Their efforts also promote effective competition in those industries.
- The Residential Service Protection Fund includes three telephone assistance programs that provide services to qualifying low-income or disabled Oregonians and allow those with hearing and speech disabilities to place and receive calls to and from those without disabilities.
- The Consumer Services Section provides assistance to the public in resolving concerns, conflicts and disputes with utilities.
- The Administration Hearings Division conducts rulemaking and contested case hearings on issues concerning utility services.
The PUC conducts its business in bi-weekly public meetings at its headquarters in Salem, and it encourages public involvement in its decisions. The PUC also conducts public hearings on specific issues. The Commission's responsibilities are carried out by a staff of 128 employees. Each year the PUC issues a variety of reports including statistical information on utility companies.
Mission for ODOT: To provide a safe, efficient transportation system that supports economic opportunity and livable communities for Oregonians.
- Our Values: These are the values that guide our decision making and which we follow in implementing ODOT's mission and goals.
- Safety: We protect the safety of the traveling public, our employees and the workers who build, operate and maintain our transportation system.
- Customer Focus: We learn from and respond to our customers so we can better deliver quality, affordable services to Oregonians and visitors. Our customers include travelers, freight movers, and others who use our services and facilities.
- Efficiency: We strive to gain maximum value from the resources entrusted to us for the benefit of our customers.
- Accountability: We build the trust of customers, stakeholders and the public by reporting regularly on what we are doing and how we are using the resources entrusted to us.
- Problem Solving: We work with the appropriate customers, stakeholders and partners to find efficient, effective and innovative solutions to problems.
- Diversity: We honor and respect our individual differences and we work to ensure that people from diverse backgrounds have equitable opportunities, both internally and externally, to work for and conduct business with ODOT.
- Sustainability: We balance economic, environmental and community well-being in a manner that protects the needs of current and future generations.
- Improve safety.
- Move people and goods efficiently.
- Improve Oregon's livability and economic prosperity.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Use innovative program design and technologies to solve transportation problems.
- Improve the return on investment of our transportation funds.
- Attract, retain and develop an outstanding ODOT workforce.
- Engage the public, other state agencies, local governments, business and community leaders in solving transportation problems and planning for the future.
- Increase intermodal linkages to improve access for people and goods.
- Communicate, educate and inform the public about transportation issues.
Our products are right for small business because we understand small business. We know what it's like to start from zero, with no outside investment, and build a company from 1 employee to nearly 50. We understand the challenges, and we also know what it takes to be successful. We are committed to providing that knowledge, experience, and expertise to as many other small businesses as possible.
We believe in:
- Affordable Software: Small businesses should have access to quality tools at affordable prices.
- Simplicity: Our software tools were built by small business owners for small business owners, and are very easy to use.
- Quality Service: We take pride in our excellent customer service. No phone trees or endless searching to find a phone number. We have one number with a live person at the other end, ready to help you solve your problem.
- Small Businesses: We recognize that job creation comes from small businesses. Every business that we help to start and grow means a better future for everyone.
- Entrepreneurship: Anyone can start a business, and we're here to help both first-time entrepreneurs and experienced business owners succeed.
- Giving Back: All entrepreneurs should have the opportunity and tools to start their own business. We support this by sponsoring business plan and entrepreneurship competitions, donating free software to SCORE and SBDC offices around the country, and by giving students and educators the tools they need to learn about business.
And finally, we believe in the importance of having fun while you start, run, and grow your business!
To expand economic opportunity through innovation, helping rural America to thrive; to promote agriculture production sustainability that better nourishes Americans while also helping feed others throughout the world; and to preserve and conserve our Nation's natural resources through restored forests, improved watersheds, and healthy private working lands.
Strategic Plan Framework
USDA has created a strategic plan to implement its vision. The framework of this plan depends on these key activities: expanding markets for agricultural products and support international economic development, further developing alternative markets for agricultural products and activities, providing financing needed to help expand job opportunities and improve housing, utilities and infrastructure in rural America, enhancing food safety by taking steps to reduce the prevalence of foodborne hazards from farm to table, improving nutrition and health by providing food assistance and nutrition education and promotion, and managing and protecting America's public and private lands working cooperatively with other levels of government and the private sector.
U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB), with $321 billion in assets, is the parent company of U.S. Bank, the 5th largest commercial bank in the United States. The company operates 3,086 banking offices and 5,086 ATMs, and provides a comprehensive line of banking, brokerage, insurance, investment, mortgage, trust and payment services products to consumers, businesses and institutions.
U.S. Bank can take every part of your business to new heights. From business lending to payment services. From equipment financing to commercial real estate. And, even the personal banking needs of every employee. U.S. Bank can do it with a level of service no other bank can match.
Whether your business is global or your world is local....
you don't just get one of us, you get all of us serving you. U.S. Bank.
The SBA mission is to maintain and strengthen the nation's economy by aiding, counseling, assisting and protecting the interests of small businesses and by helping families and businesses recover from national disasters.
Our 19 Centers throughout Oregon are hosted and supported by these community colleges and state universities.
Host Community Colleges and Universities
At Blue Mountain Community College, you can begin your educational journey and go just about anywhere from here. Whatever you need, wherever you go, BMCC is the place to start.
2411 N.W. Carden Avenue
Pendleton, OR 97801
Small classes. Outstanding faculty. Affordable tuition. At COCC, classes average 24 students- translating into individual attention not found in huge university lecture halls. Nearly half of COCC professors have PhDs. Facilities include a state-of-the-art library, high-speed Internet, and fitness center.
2600 NW College Way
Bend, OR 97701
We are a dynamic community of learners and innovators, working together to create opportunities for people to reach their potential through learning. We inspire people to achieve intellectual growth, personal fulfillment and career success through a lifetime of learning.
4000 Lancaster Dr NE
Salem, OR 97305
The Clackamas Community College purpose is creating lifetime opportunities for success through responsive education. The mission and philosophy is to serve the people of the college district with high quality education and training opportunities that are accessible to all students, adaptable to changing needs, and accountable to the community we serve.
7736 SE Harmony Road
Milwaukie, OR 97222
Clatsop Community College is a public, two-year institution serving northwest Oregon and southwest Washington since 1958. It has grown to an enrollment of over 10,000 students. Instruction and training in liberal arts and sciences, professional technical fields, continuing education, developmental education, and general education are offered. The mission of Clatsop Community College is to provide high quality learning opportunities for individuals in Clatsop County and beyond, and to lead in meeting the changing needs of our community.
1455 North Roosevelt
Seaside, OR 97138
Our business is building dreams and transforming lives. We would like the opportunity to provide services and classes to you. There are many options available, including transfer, nursing, GED, community education, and business development courses.
400 East Scenic Drive, Suite 259
The Dalles, OR 97058
As an educational, cultural and scholarly center, EOU connects the rural regions of Oregon to a wider world. Our beautiful setting and small size enhance the personal attention our students receive, while partnerships with colleges, universities, agencies and communities add to the educational possibilities of our region and state.
One University Boulevard
La Grande, OR 97850
At Klamath Community College, we provide amazing opportunities for students to get their hands, as well as their minds, around academic principles, concepts and theories in lab-based classes, capstone projects, externships and cooperative-education experiences.
This real-world focus is reinforced by professors who worked in the fields they teach before joining our faculty. And we have long partnered with business and industry leaders to ensure our programs adapt to new technologies and workforce demands.
7390 South 6th Street Building 5
Klamath Falls, OR 97603
For forty years, Lane has been "transforming lives through learning." In 2003, the college adopted a new strategic plan that included this as its vision statement and updated its mission and core values. Lane's current mission is to be a learning-centered community college that provides affordable, quality, lifelong educational opportunities that include: professional technical and lower division college transfer programs; employee skill upgrading, business development and career enhancement; foundational academic, language and life skills development; lifelong personal development and enrichment; and cultural and community services.
4000 East 30th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97405
LBCC was established in 1966 as a two-year public college to serve the residents of Linn and Benton counties. Student services include career counseling, academic and personal guidance, financial aid and student employment, and student leadership and involvement opportunities. All campus facilities and parking are designed to accommodate the needs of people with disabilities, and public buses provide students with free transportation between LBCC and downtown Albany, Corvallis, Philomath, Lebanon, Sweet Home and other communities in East Linn County.
6500 SW Pacific Boulevard
Albany, OR 97321
At Mt. Hood Community College you'll find highly skilled faculty members providing you the best in educational opportunities. Offering over 60 professional/technical programs, as well as a variety of university transfer possibilities, MHCC prepares you for the jobs of today and tomorrow. Take the time to browse our Web site and see how MHCC can change your life.
501 NE Hood Avenue
Gresham, OR 97030
Oregon Coast is Lincoln County's community college. The college is here to serve its students and community. Students can finish the first two years of college at Oregon Coast, take courses to obtain employment, prepare to start a small business, get a GED, learn English, or take courses for personal enrichment. Students may explore career ideas, retrain or update job skills, pursue a personal interest, or broaden horizons. Students attend full and part-time. Oregon Coast offers credit and non-credit courses at its college centers in Lincoln City, Newport and Waldport or at a variety of locations throughout the county. Students may even stay home and take courses online by computer or video.
1206 S.E. 48th Street
Lincoln City, OR 97367
Wherever you're coming from and wherever you're going in life, Portland Community College probably has the classes and programs to get you there. Our unique role is to make high-quality education accessible to everyone, creating opportunities for our students and contributing to the economic development of our community.
Portland Community College's main address:
12000 SW 49 Ave.
Portland, OR 97219
CLIMB Center's address:
1626 SE Water Ave
Portland, OR 97217
At Rogue Community College you'll have a wonderful opportunity to meet new people, achieve your educational goals, participate in a wide variety of clubs, organizations and activities and, most importantly, develop into a well-rounded student. I think you'll find our faculty and staff to be helpful, caring, and deeply committed to preparing you for your educational future.
Our goal is your success! I'm interested in hearing your opinions. Please let me know of your ideas, suggestions, and advice. All of us at Rogue Community College are ready to help you in any way we can.
214 SW 4th Street
Grants Pass, OR 97526
Situated in sunny Ashland, Southern Oregon University combines quality education with a spectacular location. Surrounded by rugged mountains, rivers, and lakes, the beautiful 175-acre campus is home to 5,500 students from around the world. SOU, a four-year university specializing in liberal arts, sciences and select graduate and professional programs, offers 100 areas of study including 35 majors in the school of arts and letters, sciences, social sciences, and business. Southern specializes in individual attention offering small class sizes, and classes taught solely by faculty. Take a closer look and see why Southern Oregon University can take you further than you ever imagined.
1250 Siskiyou Boulevard
Ashland, OR 97520
Southwestern delivers real-world education and training essential for a highly skilled workforce. The college's mission is to provide quality education that helps students achieve their goals. Our programs prepare people to be employable, value life-long learning, and function as good citizens in a rapidly changing world.
2455 Maple Leaf
North Bend, OR 97459
Treasure Valley Community College was founded in the fall of 1962 as part of the Oregon Community College system. Classes were originally conducted at Ontario High School during the late afternoon and evening hours. The College celebrated its first graduation ceremony the following spring when students enrolled in the one-year Licensed Practical Nursing program completed their studies.
650 College Boulevard
Ontario, OR 97914
Umpqua Community College is just that- the community's college. UCC embarked on its fifth decade of service to our community this year and continues to offer a smart start for the career minded professional, the university bound student and the life-long learner.
Our dedicated faculty and staff are always on the move! Our goal is to deliver state of the art education designed to fulfill individual life goals and meet community needs. UCC kicked off the 2005-2006 academic year with five new programs designed to meet the needs of learners pursuing careers in the education, transportation, and construction industries as well as the culinary arts. Our instructional leadership team is currently in the process of evaluating 18 potential new programs for the future, including viticulture/enology and logging technology. All of these opportunities are made possible because of the support and partnership of our community.
522 SE Washington Ave
Roseburg, OR 97470
Five Talent Software is a comprehensive technology solution provider for businesses and organizations. We are passionate about providing strategic technology solutions that enable our customers to focus on their core missions, increasing growth and outreach while managing time and critical resources in more efficient and productive ways.
Five Talent offers a broad range of products and services that allow you to partner with one vendor, greatly saving time and costs. Five Talent’s offerings include - affordable website solutions, mobile app development for iPhone/iPad, Android and Windows phones and devices, custom web application development, and .NET / Silverlight consulting.
404 SW Columbia St.
Bend, OR 97702